I Wanna Community

Fangames => User-Made Creations => Topic started by: Starz0r on June 14, 2016, 04:00:08 PM

Title: Metroidvania Megacollab Project - Planning Phase
Post by: Starz0r on June 14, 2016, 04:00:08 PM
Hey everyone.

I had this idea on the Discord that gauged opinions on how this would go and if anyone would participate in it. Everyone said it sounds like a good idea so I'd like to expand on it more here.

There will be 2 types of people working on this game, the Level Design producers, and the Enemy & Boss Design producers. I'll provide the pre-programmed gimmicks, abilities, map screen, inventory screen, and weapons, I'll even provide the tileset for every area. I have a close to final version (https://i.imgur.com/5vREjaN.png) of how I'd like the map to look like in the end. Basically I have to add locations of items, new abilities, exit and entrances, the starting point, boss locations, and more but this is the rough idea of it. This would allow multiple users to work on the game since it will have pre-determined Exits and Entrances.

I don't have dates determined yet on when this event will happen, but you can probably expect it soon-ish?

What does everything think about this idea?
Title: Re: Metoidvania Megacollab Project - Planning Phase
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on June 14, 2016, 04:11:33 PM
I can help as a level designer.
Title: Re: Metoidvania Megacollab Project - Planning Phase
Post by: MrSlick on June 14, 2016, 04:14:18 PM
I really like the idea.
I could do anything, including work that isn't level design or enemies.
Title: Re: Metroidvania Megacollab Project - Planning Phase
Post by: Taprus on June 14, 2016, 04:58:08 PM
As I have previously said, I think that it's a really rad concept, and I'm really looking forward to it!
That said, I will probably try to do some stuff for it, would be pretty cool to participate in such a thing.
Lets hope this goes all well and good.
Post by: Katz on June 14, 2016, 05:47:27 PM
Mini bosses/bosses in metroidvania-esque fashion. (mm)
Post by: aytoms29 on June 14, 2016, 08:43:56 PM
oh yay excitement

If I can help in any way I'll be glad to help. Need some experience on making these games so that'll be fun.
Post by: Smartkin on June 15, 2016, 09:56:30 AM
I am excited for this and ready to help on anything you want me to. You have my full support on this project
Post by: L4Vo5 on June 15, 2016, 06:27:23 PM
I'd like to do something for this, if i can :D
Maybe bosses or platforming puzzles.
Specially the puzzles.
Post by: HAEGOE on June 16, 2016, 03:09:53 AM
I think I could join too. Is there enough room for bosses?