I Wanna Community

Fangames => Game Design => Programming Questions => Topic started by: bananaguy12 on August 14, 2015, 10:57:28 PM

Title: Screen Resets
Post by: bananaguy12 on August 14, 2015, 10:57:28 PM
I thought this would be a common topic but I couldn't find something about it on the forums so sorry if this question has already been asked. I am using yutuu engine and sometimes when i press r (reset button) it reset my game's window dimensions and puts the window in the middle of the screen. How can i make it stop doing this?  :atkWut: thank you
Title: Re: Screen Resets
Post by: lawatson on August 14, 2015, 11:25:26 PM
I think it does that whenever there's a problem with the views. To fix this, go to the init room and change the view size in there to whatever you want the screen size to be.
Post by: bananaguy12 on August 14, 2015, 11:30:53 PM
I think it does that whenever there's a problem with the views. To fix this, go to the init room and change the view size in there to whatever you want the screen size to be.
I have made all the rooms 800*608. Under the views tab, should I disable "enable the use of views"
Post by: lawatson on August 15, 2015, 01:47:47 AM
No, it *should* fix the problem by just making the changes to the init room. The init room view settings are used as like a base by the global variables to auto-set the screen size, so if there's a view in the room and then the view global variables that conflict, it'll change the screen size and cause that middle-set and screen size blinking.