Author Topic: Western Fangame Rankings [W-Level]  (Read 71180 times)

Starz0r

• Owner
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Hall Of Fame
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.154 Chrome 33.0.1750.154
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Western Fangame Rankings [W-Level]
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
Lv 53 : I Wanna Get Cultured [Clear] [No Difficult]
Lv 53 : I Wanna Get The Yellow Star [Medium]

What?   Where did you come up with this? Considering our game isn't out and only 3 people in total have played our game through to the end I'm wondering why our game is on the list and where this rating came from.  Yellow Star is a 15-20 minute long face roll game, and out of our 7 Stages of increasing difficulty, we put it into Stage 1.  Maybe you should take this off the list until you actually play it.
Lol. While your game may be easy I don't think it is 'that' easy. Get Cultured is around a 2 hour game while Yellow Star is something that can be cleared in under 30 minutes.

Lv 62 : I Wanna Get Cultured [Clear] [No Difficult]

This sounds better.

I don't have a lot of time to study the list to make a judgement on where it should be, but I noticed....

Lv 68 : I Wanna Celebrate 100 [Medium]

Our game is definitely harder than this one.
As a person who has played Get Cultured I have to say your game is not harder than Celebrate 100. Now on Difficult Mode that may be a different story.

Lv 68 : I Wanna Get Cultured [Clear] [Difficult]

A more detailed analysis would show

Lv 63 : I Wanna be the HeavenTrap 2   [Medium]   [No Secret] "HeavenTrap 2 obviously much harder than Cultured."
Lv 63 : I Wanna Be The Zeus [Medium] "Needle Game"
Lv 64 : I Wanna See the Moon   [Basic] "Has some difficult parts, all around long ass game, normal playthroughs are about 4-8 hours."
Lv 65 : I Wanna Take the Time-machine  [Normal] ":Kappa:"
Lv 65 : I Wanna be the RUKIMIN 7   [Medium]   [Find Secret] [Extra] "If you include extra in Rukimin then it is harder than Cultured."
Lv 65 : I Wanna be the BEST Guy 2   [Clear] "I doubt Cultured gets much harder than this, even though the difficulty comes from the bosses."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:21:19 PM by Starz0r »

Plynq

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 34.0.1847.116 Chrome 34.0.1847.116
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »
i think some of the Ratings on the avoidance games are a little off so this is my opinion on the games

I wanna be the contrary lvl 91
I wanna bye the bye lvl 77
I wanna be the xx lvl 77
I wanna be the wrinkle lvl 75
I wanna be the wrinkle extra lvl 76
I wanna be the OD lvl 74
I wanna be the Synchro lvl 76
I wanna be the Synchro+ lvl 82
I wanna be the Crazy xx lvl 88
I wanna be the Hato lvl 87
I wanna bye the bye the bye bye lvl 92
I wanna be the Palladium lvl 94
I wanna sunspike lvl 78
I wanna be the Humantic lvl 74
I wanna be the Hidden lvl 78
I wanna be the Hidden+ lvl 83
I wanna be the Rubik's Cube lvl 85
I wanna bye the entrance lvl 89
I wanna be the Flower of Sorrow lvl 87
I wanna be the Lime lvl 90
I wanna be the Denparadigm lvl 80

Swordslinger

• Sectional Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
i think some of the Ratings on the avoidance games are a little off so this is my opinion on the games

I wanna be the contrary lvl 91
I wanna bye the bye lvl 77
I wanna be the xx lvl 77
I wanna be the wrinkle lvl 75
I wanna be the wrinkle extra lvl 76
I wanna be the OD lvl 74
I wanna be the Synchro lvl 76
I wanna be the Synchro+ lvl 82
I wanna be the Crazy xx lvl 88
I wanna be the Hato lvl 87
I wanna bye the bye the bye bye lvl 92
I wanna be the Palladium lvl 94
I wanna sunspike lvl 78
I wanna be the Humantic lvl 74
I wanna be the Hidden lvl 78
I wanna be the Hidden+ lvl 83
I wanna be the Rubik's Cube lvl 85
I wanna bye the entrance lvl 89
I wanna be the Flower of Sorrow lvl 87
I wanna be the Lime lvl 90
I wanna be the Denparadigm lvl 80

Considering on how experienced you are with avoidance plynq i will take these suggestions under consideration, thank you for the support, also on a side question, If you is making a new game, do you have any idea when it will be released?
A Random Signature

Plynq

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »
i can ask him on skype when he gets online but i guess when he is done testing it.
also one more game ^^
I wanna revenge the doruppi lvl 87

Paragus

• Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 28.0 Firefox 28.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »
Lv 53 : I Wanna Get Cultured [Clear] [No Difficult]
Lv 53 : I Wanna Get The Yellow Star [Medium]

What?   Where did you come up with this? Considering our game isn't out and only 3 people in total have played our game through to the end I'm wondering why our game is on the list and where this rating came from.  Yellow Star is a 15-20 minute long face roll game, and out of our 7 Stages of increasing difficulty, we put it into Stage 1.  Maybe you should take this off the list until you actually play it.
Lol. While your game may be easy I don't think it is 'that' easy. Get Cultured is around a 2 hour game while Yellow Star is something that can be cleared in under 30 minutes.

This sounds better.

I don't have a lot of time to study the list to make a judgement on where it should be, but I noticed....

Lv 68 : I Wanna Celebrate 100 [Medium]

Our game is definitely harder than this one.
As a person who has played Get Cultured I have to say your game is not harder than Celebrate 100. Now on Difficult Mode that may be a different story.

Lv 68 : I Wanna Get Cultured [Clear] [Difficult]

Pieceofcheese tells me whatever version you have does not have the final boss.  So it's at least a month old if not older.   Would you judge Boshy's rating without seeing the final boss?   Pretty sure our final boss is quite a bit harder than celebrate 100s.

Why are people rushing to rate games that are not public releases yet?   You are having 2 hour long chats about the difficulty of an unreleased game so you can prematurely add it to a list?   Oh wait, you watched me play it so that means you can easily judge how hard it is.  Watching someone play their own fangame is always the best measurement to tell how hard a game is right?

Can you see how revealing this is about the time you guys are spending on this thing?  You have people rating games that none of them have ever played before they are even released to the public.   What other games on here are just being judged from watching youtube videos?  Maybe you guys can put the difficulty rating up for TJ and Klazen's game before it comes out.

Also you do realize you are rating "bifficult" mode a 68 when... IT'S ONLY 50% COMPLETE.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:48:03 PM by Paragus »

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »
You ALL need to calm the hell down. This is just a list to show people's opinions on certain fangames. It's still in an early stage and mistakes can be made. Don't rat out on them for making a SINGLE FUCKING MISTAKE that can be easily fixed.

As a rule to add: Don't add games to the list that HAVEN'T BEEN MADE PUBLIC YET.

Plynq

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
That rule would remove so many games from this list as most of them are private like all of the dagger games

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari Safari
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 04:29:32 PM »
I meant that games that aren't 100% finished AND have never been released before should be removed. Most of dagger's games were public once, and people still have them.

Swordslinger

• Sectional Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »
I agree with infernoman although i don't think it seems like it's worth removing it at this point when its almost finished, but we need to calm down. Although I will be putting some thought into it. I will talk with Casual and Thwink about it. but the game is not going any higher then 63 maybe, please keep in mind though, this list is one big opinion, it is not even close to 100% accurate, it may be accurate to people's personal criteria but on the other hand, it may not. As for unfinished games, I Wanna See You Suffer is not even close to being finished but it is public (Its not a good game though) so for the people that beat it (Shadowlink, Stinky, Kinata, etc) have an idea of what the game is made out of, and believe it or not, someone actually did Masochist/Impossible on that game and it is very relentless, which is why the difficulty setting got its own rating.

I hope this does help and i do mean this in the nicest way possible :)
A Random Signature

Sephalos

• Spike Dodger
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 06:54:14 PM »
Can I be a Lv09 bard?

Swordslinger

• Sectional Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 07:18:48 PM »
A Random Signature

TheMarios327

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
Lv 70 : I Wanna Be The Saturn [Medium]
Lv 83 : I Wanna Avoid the Anxious   [Clear]
Lv 89 : I Wanna SunSpike [Clear]
Lv 94 : I Wanna be the GB    [Impossible]
Lv 95 : I Wanna be the Maze   [Medium]   [Find Secret]
Lv 96 : I Wanna Be The Cherry [Oblivion]
Saturn is way too high considering that Zeus is 63 and Genius 69, I'd probably rate it Lv58 since it was easier than Uhuhu 3 for me.
Avoid The Anxious should be Lv 76 imo, it was WAY easier than Play The Endurance 2 on VH which is at Lv 80.
Sunspike is much easier than Rubik's Cube imo. I haven't gotten far on Rubik's Cube so can't rate, but the boss is certainly much harder than Sunspike's.
Isn't GB a game with hundreds of triggers and some tricky segments :P? I'm pretty sure GB on impossible is harder than IWBTG which is at Lv95.
I'm curious about Maze. The game is pretty obscure imo and outside of the avoidances and the K3 screens I only know a few screens. But if the Piano is the essentially the only hard part of the game, then I feel Lv95 is a bit high when a harder avoidance (Palladium) is ranked lower.
Wow, Cherry is the 3rd hardest avoidance ranked  :atkHappy: Although that's actually a bad thing, lol.

Those games where the ones that stood out the most for me. There are other things I found weird(*cough*REVOLUTION ALL PERFECT AT Lv 94) but too lazy to list all of them.

Swordslinger

• Sectional Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 10:10:28 PM »
Lv 83 : I Wanna Avoid the Anxious   [Clear]
Lv 89 : I Wanna SunSpike [Clear]
Lv 94 : I Wanna be the GB    [Impossible]
Lv 95 : I Wanna be the Maze   [Medium]   [Find Secret]
Lv 96 : I Wanna Be The Cherry [Oblivion]
Saturn is way too high considering that Zeus is 63 and Genius 69, I'd probably rate it Lv58 since it was easier than Uhuhu 3 for me.
Avoid The Anxious should be Lv 76 imo, it was WAY easier than Play The Endurance 2 on VH which is at Lv 80.
Sunspike is much easier than Rubik's Cube imo. I haven't gotten far on Rubik's Cube so can't rate, but the boss is certainly much harder than Sunspike's.
Isn't GB a game with hundreds of triggers and some tricky segments :P? I'm pretty sure GB on impossible is harder than IWBTG which is at Lv95.
I'm curious about Maze. The game is pretty obscure imo and outside of the avoidances and the K3 screens I only know a few screens. But if the Piano is the essentially the only hard part of the game, then I feel Lv95 is a bit high when a harder avoidance (Palladium) is ranked lower.
Wow, Cherry is the 3rd hardest avoidance ranked  :atkHappy: Although that's actually a bad thing, lol.

Those games where the ones that stood out the most for me. There are other things I found weird(*cough*REVOLUTION ALL PERFECT AT Lv 94) but too lazy to list all of them.

Thank you for your opinion, and it was Kinata's idea to put in cherry and i thought it was a good addition, as for sunspike, i got 2 opinions on lowering it so that may happen.

Avoid the Anxious i have never played, i want a second opinion on it.

As for GB on impossible keep in mind this is started as a copy paste of M Level, so GB was not touched,

I will consider lowering saturn too, i did find the rating too high, i will do edits tomorrow maybe.

A Random Signature

Hectorpaddy

• Spike Dodger
  • Do you even Hexa Corner?
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »
Lv 63 : I Wanna Be The Zeus [Medium]
Lv 67 : I Wanna be the Zeus [Medium]
Lv 72 : I Wanna be the Archfoe 1   [Clear]
Lv 73 : I Wanna be the Archfoe 2   [Clear]
Lv 74 : I Wanna be the Archfoe 3   [Clear]
Lv 76 : I Wanna be the PTSD   [Clear]
Lv 79 : I Wanna L     [Clear]
Lv 80 : I Wanna be the TsuTaMao   [Clear]
Lv 81 : I Wanna be the Hades   [Medium]
Lv 81 : I Wanna Be The Needle Reaper [Clear]
Lv 83 : I Wanna Be The Needle Reaper 2
Lv 85 : I Wanna be the Orpheus   [Clear]
Lv 85 : I Wanna Hunyuu Pun Pun [Clear]
Lv 88 : I Wanna Be The Goner [Clear]
Lv 90 : I Wanna Defeat the Arrangement  [Clear]
Lv 90 : I Wanna be the Loner   [Clear]
Lv 90 : I Wanna Be The Needle Master [All Modes]
Lv 90 : I Wanna be the Needle Satan   [Clear]
Lv 91 : I Wanna be the Gentle Needle   [Clear]
Lv 92 : I Wanna Be The Butterfly Nova [Possible Mod]

I pretty much only play needle games so I'm only gonna comment on these. I listed all of them but 7 trials because people know how I think about that by now. I'll start off with the rather small problems.

Butterfly Nova's mod isn't harder than gentle needle, same difficulty at best in my opinion. Needle Satan should be lower than Loner.
PTSD should be harder than L I think. Zeus shouldn't be harder than itself lol.

Ok now to the stuff that actually matters. Tsu Ta Mao is also too high. It should be at around same level as Archfoe 3, which should be a bit higher than it is now. Saturn shouldn't be over Zeus, especially not as much, I think someone mentioned this before. Now to the biggest Problems: Both Needle reapers aren't even nearly as hard as they're listed. Needle reaper 1 same as hades? 2 harder than hades? Really? 2nd is Hunyuupunpun. You rated it 85, which isn't even close to being close to how hard it is. That game has hardly anything really hard in it. The only thing about it is that it takes long to do because it has 50 rooms, but that's it. That game should be ~60-70.
Rest seems ok at first sight.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:57:43 PM by Hectorpaddy »
Hector, the dropping knowledge.

Kinata

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 01:17:01 AM »
Wow this thread is getting intense. I am so proud I caused this. :BibleThump:

In the interest of civility, although we'll rank games that are unreleased, if the creator opposes its early inclusion we'll wait till the official release. Since Paragus (who's the "designer" of Cultured I think?) wants us to play it fully before being ranked, I say we take it off for now. Once released, its ranking will be determined by community consensus.

Alright it will be removed for now, although i highly doubt it will effect the level but ok. - Swordslinger
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:19:26 AM by Swordslinger »