Author Topic: An essay on my love for iwbtg fan games  (Read 129 times)

pudding

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 74.0.3729.131 Chrome 74.0.3729.131
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
An essay on my love for iwbtg fan games
« on: May 09, 2019, 08:14:41 PM »
I want to express my love for iwbtg fan games. There is something about these games you can't find anywhere else. They are almost all the same, physics-wise, but each fangames is unique in it's own way. All games have the soul of the creator which gives interesting gameplay, atmosphere, and story to games, even if the game doesn't have an obvious story. There is something beautiful about the obscurity of these games. People make them and spend hours to make something beautiful that few will play. Many fangamers have a dedication to fangames that lasts for years. I also want to give a shout out to simple, short, even "bad" games. People dont seem to give enough credit to these types of games, but really they all have their on unique atmosphere that can put you into a trance. Some people also have differing tastes. You may love or hate a genre but there is something for everyone. There are also meme games, which I am not really a fan of, but they are funny. If you look closely at the design of every game, each contains a precision and touch that is also beautiful. Needle is a genre which can have so much personality from the creator. There are so many ways to place those spikes. Not to mention avoidance, which can put you on a thrilling heart-pounding experience, with attacks that follow the music nicely. I have to say that the beauty of triumphing over an obstacle through a difficult grind is something that just feels so good. Adventure games take you on a journey through the creators own vision. So in conclusion, I have to say that I love these games. Some may look at these games as poorly designed rage games, but in my eyes these games are a thing of beauty for the people with a drive to play and clear them. :)