Author Topic: Introducing Blue Fruit!  (Read 4099 times)

patrickgh3

• Spike Dodger
  • stay optimistic! :D
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 57.0 Firefox 57.0
    • View Profile
    • Github
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Introducing Blue Fruit!
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:07:13 PM »
https://blue.delicious-fruit.com

Blue Fruit is a new site where you can create an account and submit your fangames!

We're releasing now because of news that the original wiki is shutting down. :BibleThump: 7 But fangames live on!  :denProgress:

Blue Fruit is developed by Patrickgh3 (me), hosted by Klazen108, and translated into Japanese by Normal. There is a small team of administrators who approve games. If you have any questions, post in this thread, or contact us in the I Wanna Community Discord.

Please keep the following in mind:
  • Games will eventually automatically be added to DelFruit, but right now they're added manually by admins.
  • You may encounter bugs; please be patient and report them to us.
  • Check your spam folder for your confirmation email.
  • Blue fruit isn't 100% finished; there are still features we'd like to add in the future!

FAQ / Updates:

• The current list of games on the wiki will soon be added to Blue Fruit. No need to re-submit your old games.

• Blue Fruit is a separate site from Delicious Fruit. You can think of it as replacing the wiki.

• Accounts are required to reduce "junk" uploads, and to be able to "own" your submitted games through your account.

• Delicious Fruit will eventually automatically add games from both Blue Fruit and https://ibbs.info/?id=iwanna.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 11:48:14 PM by patrickgh3 »

Denferok

• Community Manager
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 62.0.3202.75 Chrome 62.0.3202.75
    • View Profile
    • My stream
Re: Introducing Blue Fruit!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »
F

SurrealolTV

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 61.0.3163.100 Chrome 61.0.3163.100
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Evielaetv
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 12:27:42 AM »
I would like to see more extensive profile functions, including my own nickname, and not an email address. I hope in the future you will do this. :atkHappy:

PiranhaTooth

• Wannabe
  • I'm a totally mediocre fangame player...
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 61.0.3163.100 Chrome 61.0.3163.100
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 01:08:14 AM »
The end of an era  :BibleThump: 7

Still, hats off to the team for taking initiative and making this! Looking toward to that automatic integration one day as well :Kreygasm:

Thanks for keeping the fangame spirit alive guys.
Meme connoisseur of many Twitch chats...

WetWookie

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 56.0 Firefox 56.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 07:27:23 AM »
Thanks for putting this together.

Has there been any communication with the Eastern community? Are makers going to have to submit to both blue and this ibbs site to reach the widest audience? It would be awesome if we could get everyone using a single site.

patrickgh3

• Spike Dodger
  • stay optimistic! :D
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 57.0 Firefox 57.0
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
Thanks for the kind words :)

Has there been any communication with the Eastern community? Are makers going to have to submit to both blue and this ibbs site to reach the widest audience? It would be awesome if we could get everyone using a single site.

There hasn't been any communication, unfortunately. Delicious Fruit will eventually pull games from both sites. It's possible that everyone will gravitate to one; we'll just have to see what happens. I'm not sure what creators should do in the meantime. In an ideal world we would have a lot of communication and just one fangame list site, but there are a lot of factors that led us to our current situation.