Author Topic: The REAL Reason...  (Read 2003 times)

Kye Williams

• Wannabe
  • The Fangame Maker everyone loves to hate.
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 53.0 Firefox 53.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
The REAL Reason...
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:00:42 PM »
Hey guys, I got some news to say, the Real reason why I came to this website is not because I want to show you my fangames... the truth is: the reason i've came to this website is because... I suck at making fangames.
That's right, I never wanted to admit it, but I had to... I just want some info on how to be a good game developer like Klazen, Pieceofcheese, ParagusRants & The rest of you, also I have a fangame idea, it's called "I Wanna Be The Unique"
the game is gonna be perfect, I can't make it alone, and the game will have tons and tons of gimmicks! also good stage ideas, also i'm restarting my work on Quarzia, I want to start all over again, I just want your help.  :atkCry:

Please leave a message below, It'll make me happy... see you soon [also i cancelled Real Hero because... it wasn't a good attempt, and i didn't touch the .gmk for a while :(

PS. If you'd like to join my Discord server, that'll be nice :'3 https://discord.gg/A5EJRMB
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:12:32 PM by Kye Williams »
o hai.

Wolsk

• The Kid
  • Wolsky McKitty :3
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 58.0.3029.110 Chrome 58.0.3029.110
    • View Profile
Re: The REAL Reason...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:31:23 AM »
maybe you should actually make a game
meow :3

Why are you complaining about being a meme? this is a positive thing

JGBMaster

• Spike Dodger
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »
I don't wanna sound rude but I think you should start realizing what you're capable of doing. Games are generally hard to make and I'm pretty sure people in this community are busy enough to make their own games so it's not like every good creator is gonna help you.

Everybody has good ideas but making them a thing is hard and takes a lot of time/effort. To be honest this feels like "I have great ideas for a novel but I don't know how to write". If you can't do it just don't do it, don't involve other people. Or practice and learn a lot. Programming isn't something people just easily lean with short time.

In conclusion:

so you can earn some experience with that.

And if you have questions you can always ask for help on the the community's Discord server.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/jgb_iw
YouTube: gamemastr97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jgb_iw
Speedrun.com: https://www.speedrun.com/jgbmaster
Discord: JGB#1037

Kye Williams

• Wannabe
  • The Fangame Maker everyone loves to hate.
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 53.0 Firefox 53.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »
I don't wanna sound rude but I think you should start realizing what you're capable of doing. Games are generally hard to make and I'm pretty sure people in this community are busy enough to make their own games so it's not like every good creator is gonna help you.

Everybody has good ideas but making them a thing is hard and takes a lot of time/effort. To be honest this feels like "I have great ideas for a novel but I don't know how to write". If you can't do it just don't do it, don't involve other people. Or practice and learn a lot. Programming isn't something people just easily lean with short time.

In conclusion:

so you can earn some experience with that.

And if you have questions you can always ask for help on the the community's Discord server.

FYI, I am making a game, it's called "I Don't Wanna Be Epileptic"
o hai.

PiranhaTooth

• Wannabe
  • I'm a totally mediocre fangame player...
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »
Congratulations, although making a game doesn't mean much if you don't end up releasing it... Does this situation sound familiar to you at all?

You need to take a step back and just relax. Rationalize your situation. Ask yourself questions like;

- "Am i really capable of making something like this with the limited experience i currently have?"
- "Should i be making easier-to-produce needle games to better prepare myself for my dream fangame?"

And finally, possibly the most important;

- "Should i really be announcing publicly every time i decide to start a new project?"

If you do decide to continue with this project, don't go way in over your head, you'll never see the end, work on something you know you're capable of doing. Good luck.
Meme connoisseur of many Twitch chats...