Author Topic: Looking for beta testers for Fangame The Game  (Read 1555 times)

vertigoelectric

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 51.0 Firefox 51.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Looking for beta testers for Fangame The Game
« on: January 27, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
Time flies, doesn't it?

So recently I was watching a buddy playing FTG and after a short time something clicked in my head and I got the motivation to finish it.  Since then I've been actively making fixes, improvements, and other updates to the game.

I know things have changed in this community quite a bit.  I've been slowly learning about how things are nowadays.  A lot of it seemingly for the better.

I don't have any mindblowing changes in mind for FTG, but I'd like to finish it.  In all this time that has passed, my biggest regret was simply that I never finished the game.  My minimal goal is to finish 1 boss that never got finished and have one final level to wrap things up.  (Actually I'm not very keen on boss development so if I can AT LEAST get a final level done I think I'll be satisfied).  Once that's done, I can look back and say that I have a finished game.  Even if it's not what I originally envisioned, It will have a proper start-to-finish formula.

Anyway, on to the point.  I currently have one friend helping me out by testing the game and giving me suggestions on what to fix, improve, or add.  This is.. okay... but I think it would be better to have more people playtesting for more well-rounded feedback.

If you've played FTG back in the day and you enjoyed it, or at least appreciated where it was going, and you want to help get the game properly finished, contact me and I'll invite you to the steam group I'm currently using as a hub for testing.  If you don't use steam, perhaps we can try something else.  I can look into Redmine, which might be good.

I saw the reviews for FTG on the delicious-fruit site.  They weren't very... encouraging.  I'm not going to let it get to me, though.  I know that it has some issues.  There are some parts of the game that even I think are bad, and I've been updating some of it, but I haven't made any major overhauls.

You can contact me via:
Steam @ vertigoelectric
Skype @ vertigoelectric

The latest public release is hosted on Gamjolt @ https://gamejolt.com/games/fangame-the-game/44848

patrickgh3

• Spike Dodger
  • stay optimistic! :D
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.87 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Looking for beta testers for Fangame The Game
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:14:58 PM »
Hi vertigoelectric, I still remember you and your game from the old days. Glad to see you back in the new community! :) I think it's cool you're finishing / fixing up Fangame The Game and I wish you good luck. I personally can't really commit to playtesting.

Have you considered starting a new game project? It's cool you're motivated to work on FTG and by all means do that, it's just another option I'd consider. Starting from a fresh slate can be nice. Anyways just a thought.

About Delfruit reviews, that's good you're keeping a thick skin. A lot of the time they can be harsh, and it's easy to take them personally when you shouldn't. Also, these forums are a bit desolate, so don't feel bad if any posts get few replies, it happens to all of us ;) The main interactions in the community nowadays happen on Twitch (follow the IWBTG directory) and various Discord servers, so I recommend you check out those. Good luck working on fangames again! :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 02:18:15 PM by patrickgh3 »

vertigoelectric

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 51.0 Firefox 51.0
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for beta testers for Fangame The Game
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
Hey patrick!

Thanks for all the kind words.  Yes, I have strongly considered starting a new project.  I've been wanting to for a long time.  In fact, for a while whenever someone would tell me I should finish FTG I'd tell them I'd rather just spend my time and effort on a new game.

That being said, I've already poured so much into FTG that I feel I'd never get proper 'closure' on it if I don't at least wrap it up into a "finished" game... so I'm gonna finish that first, and then I'm gonna make something new XD