Author Topic: New boshy runner arround there!  (Read 7549 times)

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 51.0 Firefox 51.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
New boshy runner arround there!
« on: January 13, 2017, 08:50:12 PM »
Hi guys, i'm training my iwbtb capabilities so ill be able to run it someday.

Thanks to everyone, and lets have a good time!

pieceofcheese87

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Personal Text
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.87 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Tv Channel
Re: New boshy runner arround there!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 08:58:45 PM »
There's not much competition these days with Boshy, but good luck nonetheless.
Signature

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
There's not much competition these days with Boshy, but good luck nonetheless.

It's more like i wanna improve my skill, and feel i can do whatever i purpose to me. Still, thanks! : )

Onynekyu

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:23:31 PM »
Hey and good luck ! Whatever happen, don't give up  :atkHappy:

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:47:13 PM »

I used to play it pretty often time ago. Still im a casual player, but i try to optimize my playstyle everytime i can. There are a lot of things i cannot still do (Like quick killing Mario, Solgryn or Megaman, or restart skips) but i feel like im closer than never. Anyway, thanks! I also hope i wont give up ;-;

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »

I used to play it pretty often time ago. Still im a casual player, but i try to optimize my playstyle everytime i can. There are a lot of things i cannot still do (Like quick killing Mario, Solgryn or Megaman, or restart skips) but i feel like im closer than never. Anyway, thanks! I also hope i wont give up ;-;

If you need help with any of it, I can certainly look into it. I have a whole Boshy tutorial on Youtube, and I'm always open for questions regarding strats in Boshy.

AntonDew

• Wannabe
  • Let's try to do our best!!
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 50.0 Firefox 50.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
Good luck, If you give your all, you can achieve anything!
Everyone is doing their best, we must do the same.

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »

If you need help with any of it, I can certainly look into it. I have a whole Boshy tutorial on Youtube, and I'm always open for questions regarding strats in Boshy.

Hi tehjman1993!

I have seen your videos from speedrun.com, and they were pretty helpful. Really thanks about it. I also FINALLY found crtl+y, i were looking for it for a lot of months :)

Basically my problem on speedkilling megaman-ringman-2nd phase solgryn is about i feel like i shoot about 5 shots less than any other boshy speedrunner, but im trying to get it up. In mario speedkill my only trouble is im (atm) not capable to fire this many shots and double jump without stopping my shoot spam. Im trying to fix it using alt as jump so i can toogle my jumping hand, and now im looking to start jumping with spacebar (i move with wasd and jump-shoot with alt-up key).

Anyway every single advice about it will be apreciated :D

Thank you very much, i admire you and every speedrunner, and i hope i will be like you guys are someday.

Greetings.

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »
Good luck, If you give your all, you can achieve anything!

Thank you bro, i hope i will. But after exams, probably! :_D

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 05:41:58 PM »
I just got 33:12 / 46 deaths in BOSS RUSH. I think is my pb ever.
*cough cough*
Still just killing the bosses took more than the WR of the complete game.
*cough*
But im proud of myself, tho.

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 08:57:46 PM »

Hi tehjman1993!

I have seen your videos from speedrun.com, and they were pretty helpful. Really thanks about it. I also FINALLY found crtl+y, i were looking for it for a lot of months :)

Basically my problem on speedkilling megaman-ringman-2nd phase solgryn is about i feel like i shoot about 5 shots less than any other boshy speedrunner, but im trying to get it up. In mario speedkill my only trouble is im (atm) not capable to fire this many shots and double jump without stopping my shoot spam. Im trying to fix it using alt as jump so i can toogle my jumping hand, and now im looking to start jumping with spacebar (i move with wasd and jump-shoot with alt-up key).

Thank you very much, i admire you and every speedrunner, and i hope i will be like you guys are someday.

Greetings.

Do you use 1 finger to mash, or 2? Mashing is something of an artform in Boshy - it takes practice and rhythm to get good at it. When I was first learning the game, I also had trouble quick killing just about every boss. Practice over time allowed my mashing to get better and faster, and eventually led to the desired quick kills. For your setup, try practicing using either your thumb or your pinky of your left hand on the left alt key to jump and move at the same time, leaving your right hand solely focused on mashing. 1-handed movement is hard, but is very worth it to learn! However, I do not recommend spacebar for jumping unless absolutely needed.

In short, mashing is practice. With Mario, make sure you stay relatively close to him at all times! Since you can only have 5 damage worth of bullets on the screen at once, you don't want to waste any screen space or time when fighting him.

...and thanks for the kind words!

BBF

• Cherry Eater
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »
Choose whatever control setup you want. I always felt like being comfortable with how you play is more important than it being technically the best.

Of course, damaging bosses and the like can be more difficult if you Shoot and Jump with the same hand, but it's definitely possible to work around that (just like I had to when I first started out)

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 02:32:01 PM »

Hi tehjman1993!

Greetings.

Do you use 1 finger to mash, or 2? Mashing is something of an artform in Boshy - it takes practice and rhythm to get good at it. When I was first learning the game, I also had trouble quick killing just about every boss. Practice over time allowed my mashing to get better and faster, and eventually led to the desired quick kills. For your setup, try practicing using either your thumb or your pinky of your left hand on the left alt key to jump and move at the same time, leaving your right hand solely focused on mashing. 1-handed movement is hard, but is very worth it to learn! However, I do not recommend spacebar for jumping unless absolutely needed.

In short, mashing is practice. With Mario, make sure you stay relatively close to him at all times! Since you can only have 5 damage worth of bullets on the screen at once, you don't want to waste any screen space or time when fighting him.

Yes, im gonna make a few runs with jump on my left so i can leave my right focused on shooting. I'll try anyway to jump with spacebar because i feel like thumb is independent from the rest of the fingers, and my pinky is pretty idiot. If im not capable, ill keep trying. Anyway, im improving my spam and im leaving solgryn second phase with less than 5 hp, i feel like i will be capable to get it soon. But i wont be able to speedkill first phase with jump and shoot in my left, i lose shoots jumping and he ends the three lazers phase with 5-9 hp. I'll keep you guys up.

Thanks for the interest :D

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
Choose whatever control setup you want. I always felt like being comfortable with how you play is more important than it being technically the best.

Of course, damaging bosses and the like can be more difficult if you Shoot and Jump with the same hand, but it's definitely possible to work around that (just like I had to when I first started out)

Are you seriously BBF? :_D I almost feel anxious, lol.

Yes, i think i prefer being comfortable with my setup, but i also know where are my limits, so im trying to find balance between comfortability and optimization. Im improving a lot with the alt setup so i can toogle my jumping hand, but i'll try some other stuffs so i find my best way to play.

And btw, im on 22 minutes on boss rush, take care about that WR! :D
(In a few months)
(Or years)

Really nice to talk with you, i admire you and witty since i know this game (and you both), and also thanks for your opinion and interest.

Greetings :D

Arocet

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 02:41:24 PM »

Hi tehjman1993!

Greetings.

Btw, i shoot just with my right middle finger. I forgot to answer about that!