Author Topic: Favorite Fangames of 2016?  (Read 2616 times)

Hop

• Wannabe
  • HopPros on Twitch
  • Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mac OS X 10.9.5
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.95 Chrome 55.0.2883.95
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Favorite Fangames of 2016?
« on: January 02, 2017, 02:15:02 AM »
What was everybody's favorite fangames in 2016? I figured this would be a good opportunity to discuss what games we liked and maybe bring attention to some that may have been overlooked this year.

Wolsk

• The Kid
  • Wolsky McKitty :3
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.87 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    • View Profile
meow :3

Why are you complaining about being a meme? this is a positive thing

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Unknown Unknown
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.103 Chrome 55.0.2883.103
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Favorite Fangames of 2016?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 02:41:40 AM »
I Wanna Thread The Needle - what I view as the best needle collab of its size in fangame history, and I'm not saying that because I was a part of it

I wanna be the Arcfox Needle - probably the best 100F game to come out this year; haven't played Partysu III yet though, but as of now my view stands

Way of a needle following forever - 200F game made by ネプノワ; got really close to being one of my all-time favorite games. It takes talent to make 200 rooms of needle that doesn't get boring at all; I had fun throughout all of the game. It's kind of a shame getting the game is a hassle; you have to ask ネプノワ for it over Twitter

I wanna Breathing - needle game made by マツ that also got really close to being one of my all-time favorites; you can find it on マツ's Nico community

I wanna destroy the mercury - needle game made by Ef that, once again, also got really close to being one of my all-time favorites

I wanna Gnol2 - simply fantastic needle game made by Biogom

I Wanna Break The NineightA Spikes 3 - this game certainly isn't for everybody since it's pretty precise needle, but this also came really close to being one of my all-time favorites

I wanna Neonize the Needle - Nader's second best game overall; there really isn't anything to dislike about it

I wanna be the D - stunning barrage made by Xichicer that uses a fantastic song

Some honorable mentions I feel I should give to games I haven't played but that look fantastic: I wanna be the hanamogeta, I wanna be the Scribble, I wanna get thug life, I wanna be the あびゃ〜。

Might as well sell out a bit and put I wanna fall into the snow here MingLee
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 02:52:33 AM by infern0man1 »

Habluka

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Fangames of 2016?
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:34:30 AM »

I wanna be Abducted - One of the best atmospheric needle games I've played.  I had issues with a couple technical things, but they were patched, so I can't find much I don't like about it.
I wanna be the Scribble - I normally hate bosses and gimmicky fangames, but this ended up being a big exception.
I wanna 雫 - I might be a little biased, but this is the game that made me really like water needle.  Also, it kind of felt like it was designed specifically to be something I'd have fun playing.
I wanna be the Oceanus - Some of the saves were really dumb so I'm not sure if I'd say it's actually good, but I'm still impressed with how motivated I felt to grind through it.
I wanna NewGame - Exactly as cute and easy as I like my pattern avoidances.

Others:
I wanna Chaton - good platforming, bad boss
I wanna be the Marionette - fun platforming, bad visuals
I wanna leave the Cube - neat idea, very rough around the edges
Needle - shameless plug

pieceofcheese87

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Personal Text
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser: