Author Topic: Savage Mountain/Storm Peak Approval Updates  (Read 3070 times)

ShadowsDieAway

• Sectional Moderator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 47.0.2526.106 Chrome 47.0.2526.106
    • View Profile
Savage Mountain/Storm Peak Approval Updates
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:54:19 AM »
Hello everyone and happy new year! Please go and recheck your progress pages to see your completed games as I've recently learned about what's actually needed to beat certain games, and/or what would be fair when comparing speedrun points, so if you find that something you submitted was previously approved and is now mysteriously isn't approved anymore, please read below:

A few months ago I changed I Wanna Be the 500's requirements since I learned about the fact that beating the game's crappy boss once apparently wasn't enough, and there was a another whole part of the game to play through to reach the actual "Thank You For Playing Screen" which meant going back through everyone's submissions and unapproving certain submissions previously approved (sorry guys).

This all stemmed from the fact that I haven't been around for nearly as long as everyone else and haven't played many of these games myself, so I simply didn't know enough to properly know what was needed from certain games to beat them, even with consulting with 5 other veterans. Sometimes you just need to see it yourself, which is a problem when dealing with 103 games across both of these challenges, most of which I haven't played myself, so with so many games once in a while a game's actual requirements can mistakenly fall by the wayside and brought to the light later on.

So now for the recent changes that may affect your submissions: Today I learned about the completion screen as well for I Wanna Be the Dieary. I originally thought that you only needed to beat certain things to complete the game, as I used the Weekly Fangame Challenge as a reference, thinking that getting secrets just lead to an extra screen, not the actual Thank You screen, which was brought to my attention. While this only affected 4 people, there was yet another game that I've had to go back and revert people submissions with as well: I Wanna Be the Fortress Returns, a change that's affected around 16 people. So lemme explain:

Previously with Fortress Returns I had the requirement be "until the final boss area" because I originally mistakenly linked a version of the game that locked you out of it. At the time when I launched the K2 Savage Mountain Challenge there was no such thing as "Speedrun Points" and everything was kept track on a literal Google drive spreadsheet, so I grandfathered in everyone that "beat" the game at the time before re-linking the version that let you get to the final boss. But now with the challenge website up and with people competing for Speedrun Points it isn't currently fair to compare the times of those who haven't beaten the final boss to those who did. Now this isn't saying "AHA! The K2 Savage Mountain Challenge was never really completed by everyone!!!" No, two people have, but it just means I had to unapprove certain people's submissions just for the purpose of making it fair speedrun points-wise across all games.

So there you have it, recheck your submissions, and if you find that you have a game that's not approved PLEASE check to see that:

1) You put in the correct time when submitting

2) You have the in-game-time in your screenshot

3) Your screenshot shows the thank you screen and not just the main menu with the time in it (which sometimes doesn't prove you beat it like with ChokoChoco, seriously I can just screencap that screen when it says 15 seconds and that doesn't prove I beat it, just that I'm 15 seconds into the game)

And 4) Once again that your screenshot has the damn in-game-time in it for me to be able to approve your screenshot (there's 27 submissions right now sitting unapproved because no time's in the picture, I can't say it enough).

Game on.

-Mike

just_another_Guy

• Cherry Eater
  • tempest best game
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Glory Hole Foundation
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Savage Mountain/Storm Peak Approval Updates
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:00:33 AM »
Thanks for the update, this had to happen at some point. I suppose Device/Shiny Spark extra is still not required, right?  :FrankerZ:
Private fangame stash (link: private)

ShadowsDieAway

• Sectional Moderator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 05:10:23 AM »
Thanks for the update, this had to happen at some point. I suppose Device/Shiny Spark extra is still not required, right?  :FrankerZ:

Correct, Device's "Thank You" screen can be reached without secrets, and Shiny Spark's submitted screen is of all the items.

KingThe SlendyKiller

• Wannabe
  • I'm the King owo
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.71 Chrome 54.0.2840.71
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 09:18:33 PM »
So, I saw this and I re-beat Fortress Returns and I already uploaded my updated clear, so if you can accept it, I'll be happy :atkCry:

ShadowsDieAway

• Sectional Moderator
  • Spike Dodger
  • iOS 10.0.2 iOS 10.0.2
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.0 Safari 10.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:16 PM »
So, I saw this and I re-beat Fortress Returns and I already uploaded my updated clear, so if you can accept it, I'll be happy :atkCry:

Done, thanks for letting me know; I can't really see if someone resubmits an unapproved screenshot unless I physically check on it (there are 121 I can't approve at the moment) so letting me know here or via a message is great!

KingThe SlendyKiller

• Wannabe
  • I'm the King owo
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.71 Chrome 54.0.2840.71
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:27:37 PM »
Don't worry, thank you so much! :atkHappy: