Author Topic: Need help porting  (Read 2068 times)

SGTWaffle12312

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.99 Chrome 54.0.2840.99
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Need help porting
« on: November 26, 2016, 06:13:38 PM »
So as you all know the majority of fangames are on windows.Not everyone has windows,so if you want your game to be avalible on all major os's just email me the gmx/gmz file.So to get this out of the way "couldnt you just take the game and post it and say you made it".Yes i could which is why if it makes you feel better doing this use a game that you already published under your name."How would you credit me",After reciving the gmx or gmz file and after i port it i send you the ported file back and you would publish it so nobody would get confused who made the game."why not decompile and publish and give them credit".First i dont know how,Second decompiling can cause bugs and stuff and it would be less stable.

Have any questions feel free to ask.

patrickgh3

• Spike Dodger
  • stay optimistic! :D
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Need help porting
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »
Hi SGTWaffle, I have some questions. I'm assuming you've purchased a few GM Studio export modules, is that correct? If so, that's a generous offer to share, so thanks. And also if that's true, which modules do you have?

I also don't know much about how easy or hard it is to compile a studio fangame for other platforms. I imagine there would be issues that would have to be resolved. Do you or anyone else happen to know?

SGTWaffle12312

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 07:25:18 PM »
GameMaker: Studio Professional
Android Export, HTML5 Export, iOS Export, Windows UWP

Thats all the modules i have i also have pro

Yea there might be problems i haven't been able to test these modules as i dont have a mac or android etc ill do some research

Hi SGTWaffle, I have some questions. I'm assuming you've purchased a few GM Studio export modules, is that correct? If so, that's a generous offer to share, so thanks. And also if that's true, which modules do you have?

I also don't know much about how easy or hard it is to compile a studio fangame for other platforms. I imagine there would be issues that would have to be resolved. Do you or anyone else happen to know?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:30:16 PM by SGTWaffle12312 »

SGTWaffle12312

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »
I did a bit of research an this weekend i will try and use the mac export its no where near as easy as it is to export to windows

GameMaker: Studio Professional
Android Export, HTML5 Export, iOS Export, Windows UWP

Thats all the modules i have i also have pro

Yea there might be problems i haven't been able to test these modules as i dont have a mac or android etc ill do some research

SGTWaffle12312

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 05:28:44 PM »
Im sorry to say but because i do not own a mac and i cant get a mac VM ware to run on my Computer this thread is dead.If you have any information to help me send a email but until something happens i probably wont be able to port to mac anytime soon. BibleThump