Author Topic: Fangame OBS Reader  (Read 1335 times)

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • your a kid now your a squid now
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 52.0.2743.116 Chrome 52.0.2743.116
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Fangame OBS Reader
« on: August 26, 2016, 01:35:12 AM »
Stinky was doing roulette today, and mentioned it would be nice if there was a program that could detect when a fangame was open and write the name to a text file for display in OBS. So I made one! This should hopefully be helpful if you're doing roulette streaks and don't feel like copying the name to a text field in OBS.

It operates in a very basic way, by checking all the process open on your computer, sorting them by date, and then going through the list and grabbing the name of the latest-opened process that has "i wanna" in its name. The name is displayed in the console window, and written to a file in the same directory named game.txt. It updates every 15 seconds. Just leave it on in the background, add the txt file to OBS, and you're done!

Because of the "i wanna" requirement, it won't work for fangames that don't have that. Not sure if there's a better way. It was also triggering when he opened a delfruit page, so I told it to ignore chrome's processes. If an error occurs, it will show you in the console, but not on stream (in case there's anything personal in the message). To quit the program, just press enter on the window, or use the red X.

It was written in C#, so you'll need the .NET framework for it to run. Just google ".NET framework download" and get it from Microsoft if you don't have it.

If you have any bug reports or feature requests, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Download version 1 here