Author Topic: I'm very stupid  (Read 5048 times)

Holyanus

I'm very stupid
« on: June 20, 2013, 04:22:27 PM »
So, I can't figure out how to make it so I don't have to use warps to go to different areas, I noticed that most games that do this it's just a huge room, but I don't know what to do to make it (Using Yutuu engine). So if anyone knows, I would appreciate if you told me.

lemonxreaper

• Administrator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Do you even needle?
    • View Profile
Re: I'm very stupid
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »
im not sure what you mean, I would help otherwise.
Just pretend I have a cool picture like Zero.
Completed Fangames: httpss://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4678222/Complete%20Fangames.txt

Sephalos

• Spike Dodger
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »
So, I can't figure out how to make it so I don't have to use warps to go to different areas, I noticed that most games that do this it's just a huge room, but I don't know what to do to make it (Using Yutuu engine). So if anyone knows, I would appreciate if you told me.
What I did in IWBT8b is use a invisible square that I place outside the room.
Then when the player comes in contact with that square: (exemple going to a room to the right)
if room == roomname1  { if x > 800 { player.x = 8; room == roomname2; } }

then lets you want that on both side on the next room it would look like this:
if room == roomname2 { if x < 0 { player.x = 792; room == roomname1; } else if x > 800 { player.x = 8; room == roomname3; } }

When you got most of these set up you can just copy paste and modify as you need them.

Also make sure you make one of these teleporting blocks for each set of rooms or else it will get really clutered in there. Hope this helps.

Sandsky0

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »
Well a room's dimensions are 800x608 usually, this allows the 32x32 grid to be perfect, most people use the view 800x600 though. Anyways, you want your view to be 800x600, and under the settings tab, you just need to expand your width and height :)

Add 800 to width if you'd like to add a room to the right
Add 608 to height if you'd like to add a room below

Use the background to refer where each room is, unless it's seamless of course, you'll have to use a reference mark outside of the room

I'm just assuming this is what you mean btw, it probably isn't

Holyanus

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
Thanks for the help guys (except Lemon)  :Kappa: Hopefully I will be smart enough to do this.

Stinkycheeseone890

• K i n g s t o n k y
  • Global Moderator
  • Wannabe
  • Welcome to die!
    • View Profile
    • My livestream!
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »
You're not stupid, it took me one and a half games to figure this out on my own! Good luck, Anus!

(click to show/hide)

Holyanus

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »
You're not stupid, it took me one and a half games to figure this out on my own! Good luck, Anus!
Thanks Dairyproduct  :Kappa:

Starz0r

• Owner
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Hall Of Fame
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »
Just use the roomChanger object and use this in the creation code:

Code: [Select]
roomTo = InsertRoomHere
image_yscale = 30 //(for entering or exiting rooms going left to right or right to left)
image_xscale = 30 //(for entering or exiting rooms going up to down or down to up)

lemonxreaper

• Administrator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Do you even needle?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »
now that I know what you mean I can be of more help, just copy this https://gyazo.com/ad36b3005e2b89c7e6a48cb6d3a53c8e
and put the camera object into the room, that something that hasn't been mentioned so far.
Just pretend I have a cool picture like Zero.
Completed Fangames: httpss://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4678222/Complete%20Fangames.txt

Sephalos

• Spike Dodger
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 10:36:54 PM »
now that I know what you mean I can be of more help, just copy this https://gyazo.com/ad36b3005e2b89c7e6a48cb6d3a53c8e
and put the camera object into the room, that something that hasn't been mentioned so far.
I wouldn't recommend that though, having big rooms can lead to lag on crappy PCs. It's better to do one screen per room in my opinion.