Author Topic: Influx of Twitch Bots  (Read 1473 times)

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Influx of Twitch Bots
« on: September 30, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
Hey everyone,

If you're a broadcaster or viewer on Twitch, I'm sure you've noticed by now the large influx of bots that have been spamming every channel non-stop. Until Twitch can figure out a solution (aka update their facka-you-bic-boi database), I'd recommend putting these words into your 'banned words' list:

https://pastebin.com/B4mv787J

This list will hopefully knock out any links in your chat before anyone could click them. The only word I'd recommend taking out of this list is bombch.us, as this is a short URL that circulates primarily in the speedrunning community and nowhere else. This list is not mine, it is a list that someone else had created (and still updates) to help ease the bot spam.

Regarding the * at the beginning/end of each domain name: These asterisks (*) are wildcard characters, which is basically a fill-in-the-blank spot for your ban filter for any character before/after the domain name. This helps against bots that add in a letter before/after the domain name to try to evade the ban filter.

This is not to say that this list will solve all of your problems, but it's a nice barrier to put up to block nasty links, and it gives you time to ban the bot without worry.

I hope this helps!
-TJ

petsson12

• Spike Dodger
  • I'm addicted to cats
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • View Profile
    • my livestream yo
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Influx of Twitch Bots
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 11:51:34 AM »
thanks alot  :tenKapple:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa