Author Topic: Winter Fangame Event: Ideas?  (Read 2647 times)

SSFireBall

• Cherry Eater
  • Juice
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 44.0.2403.155 Chrome 44.0.2403.155
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Winter Fangame Event: Ideas?
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:01:43 AM »
Hey guys.

So some people might be wondering, will there be a winter fangame event? Maybe. We just need to know what the community wants to do for a winter event.

I have a few ideas for what this event could be.
First off, we can just do another speedrun marathon like in July, where we gather some of the best speedrunners to showcase their skill and overall to have fun. Obviously, this event had a lot of problems with it, it being the first one the western community has made by itself. We would need to run checks to make sure the estimates are actually accurate, which was a problem for some of the runners (including myself).

My 2nd idea would be having a "Get Yourself Speedrunning" type of event, "Get Yourself Fangaming", where all skill types can join in to have fun, or to compete for the top 3. This, wouldn't require as much organizing and would allow the entire community to get together, unlike the marathon, where not all people could make it in (we're sorry!).

Last but not least we could have a relay race, kinda like what the eastern community's big event is, where we assemble teams of some of the best players to compete and see which team finishes first.

I know this is quite early to be already discussing this, since it's still late summer, but, if you guys have any other ideas for what event should be done this winter, let us know!
Juice and Marble Extraordinaire

Joshua_Boring

• Wannabe
  • When in doubt, Pinky Out.
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 40.0 Firefox 40.0
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Fangame Event: Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »
Idk what gets happening but I'd gladly participate in anything like it. Nothing better to do. :I
Mems

SSFireBall

• Cherry Eater
  • Juice
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.85 Chrome 45.0.2454.85
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 07:08:07 PM »
Idk what gets happening but I'd gladly participate in anything like it. Nothing better to do. :I

Well, after a bit of talking with klazen about this, it'll be either gyf or a relay race, both wouldn't require too much work and can be organized in a few weeks
Juice and Marble Extraordinaire

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.85 Chrome 45.0.2454.85
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »

Well, after a bit of talking with klazen about this, it'll be either gyf or a relay race, both wouldn't require too much work and can be organized in a few weeks

10/10 Get yourself fangaming

took me so long to figure out what that stood for ;;