Author Topic: FGM Wrap-Up/Future Considerations  (Read 7733 times)

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.124 Chrome 43.0.2357.124
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: FGM Wrap-Up/Future Considerations
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »
I started watching guy streams about 2 months ago, so i was kinda excited about watching this marathon when i first heard of it, but to be honest it was a bit boring, there was a few runs that was okay and i liked the twitch plays guy games thing.

But i was really disappointed about the schedule times, i was really looking forward to watch k2 and k3 runs, as they are some of the best games to watch if u ask me, but they were starting at 5 am here in europe so i only saw a little bit of k2 and i missed whole k3. For next marathon you should probaly have them played at a better time for us europeans, cause the best games attracts more newer viewers.

To be fair, we had "good" games that were primetime for Europeans and not for Americans at different points in this marathon as well. To say that we should schedule certain "good" games only for specific regions to attract newer viewers is quite silly, as new viewers come from ALL regions, not just EU. Fortunately for you, the K2 one actually had to be cut at boss rush due to Stinky's internet problems.

Skulldude899

• Cherry Eater
  • no
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 38.0 Firefox 38.0
    • View Profile
    • TwitchTV Channel - Skulldude899
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »
First off, I wanna say I probably trolled way too much on the entirety of the marathon. So much so I got banned twice so uh.. oops...
Anyways, I personally had a lot of fun watching FGM. I don't usually watch speedruns of guy games but there were some runs that were pretty good. So good that it went way under the estimate it had, and that is obviously a problem (And in other situations, the opposite happened)
I can imagine how troublesome it was to find something to entertain more than hundreds of ppl and as TJ said, it's quite tricky to estimate the time you'll be done with a speedrun of a fangame, but still the estimates could've been more accurate and I'm sure that in future events the streamers can be aware that pretty much anything can happen and rank up some experience from this.
And then, the memes. It was expected tbh, after all it's a speedrunning marathon and memes were emphasized by lots of ppl, but if the chat rly had gone past the limit then I'm honestly sorry. But it still was extremely fun.
Fangame blocks... Not too sure if that's a good idea, but I agree with BBF and Arc, there could be a block only for bad fangames and it's an interesting idea to have a block dedicated to most of the other things done in the marathon (Showing fangames like cultured 2, twitch plays guy games, draw my guy etc.)
Overall though, it was a great stream, I wasn't able to see the 2nd day tho but I'm sure it was just as awesome as the 1st. I definetly look forward to more things like this, thanks for the stream TJ, Klazen, Wolsk and everyone else who did the runs.
:IceFairy:  c h i l l m e m e s b r o  :IceFairy:

128-Up

• Spike Dodger
  • Lives are an antiquated concept.
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.124 Chrome 43.0.2357.124
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 09:57:35 PM »
All I really have to say here is that more "showcases" alongside runs would make for great content, like the Cultured 2 preview or the showing off of the Miku Flute in Blue Mage.
Things like that.