Author Topic: FGM Mega Thread [Info, Schedule, Everything]  (Read 7884 times)

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 42.0.2311.152 Chrome 42.0.2311.152
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
FGM Mega Thread [Info, Schedule, Everything]
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:58 PM »
Hello everyone!

With the approach of Fangame Marathon, we need one mega thread to combine all the info into one centralized and convenient source. This thread will include info regarding just about everything related to FGM.

Info for Runners

Congrats on having a game to run during the marathon! We hope that you have practiced/are practicing your chosen game(s) for the upcoming marathon! Here's a few rules that we have set out for the runners during FGM:

-When you stream, you are streaming from YOUR channel. (Example: Cdmans is running Churatch, so he will stream Churatch from his own twitch.tv page)
-FGM will then take your stream and re-stream it to our centralized marathon page, www.twitch.tv/fangamemarathon
-Please be ready to stream and begin to stream slightly before your time has come for your run/race. We want this to flow smoothly!
-When you stream, please keep the game in its native 800x600 (or 800x608) resolution on your stream. This means no stretching out vertically/horizontally. You are allowed to re-size the game to fit the size of your stream, however, DO NOT STRETCH.
-If you choose to stream with a facecam, please keep the facecam OFF OF THE GAME FEED. We will have a separate spot that we will put your facecam in, so we need it to be off of the game completely. This applies to both races and solo runs.
-If you choose to stream with no facecam, this is perfectly acceptable. We will have a placeholder/different layout set for no facecams. This applies to both races and solo runs.
-If you choose to stream with a timer, please keep the timer OFF OF THE GAME FEED. This is entirely optional and will not be captured/restreamed on the main marathon page. We will be running our own single-segment timer. We feel that not seeing a timer will help runners relax, but you are certainly allowed to keep it on your own stream off of the game feed.
-You are allowed to commentate your own game, or bring along your friends to commentate. Good voice communication programs to assist runners would be Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Skype, etc. The Wannabes Teamspeak server is available to everyone, and the runner is allowed to use anyone they like to help them cast their game. If you choose to not cast your game and play silently, the re-broadcasters will commentate and provide input. We ask that the runner, runner's friends, or re-broadcasters please refrain fromexcessive language and/or attacking any particular aspect of the game, game creator, or viewers. We want to set a good precedent for future events.
-Please keep the FGM chat open so the re-broadcaster can tell you when they're ready. They will automatically start the timer when you begin your game! (Also, please yell TIME when you are finished)
-If you are running in the marathon but your time hasn't come yet, please /host fangamemarathon in your own channel until your time is ready. This keeps everyone focused on one source.
-Most importantly, have fun! This is not meant to be a super serious event, rather, one that brings the community together to celebrate our achievements.

Info for Re-Broadcasters

-Confirmed re-broadcasters for the FGM are Klazen108 and myself. We're looking for broadcasters.
-Shifts will most likely be around 8 hours at a time. This is a near-40 hour marathon, so around 5 shifts total.
-Layout design will be given to each re-broadcaster. They are being designed by sandsky, and look fantastic. Thanks, sandsky!
-The layouts will include 1 person, 2 person, 3 person, and 4 person layouts. Font styles for timer/text will also be given.
-We will be streaming in a 16:9 format, most likely 1280x720 to match the layout design at 1500 bitrate. (I will PM klazen/other broadcasters on all the specifics so our streams are similar)
-A "switching runners" screen(s) will also be used, they are being designed by Arclooper. Thanks, arc! These will also be handed out very soon.
-To re-stream each part, pop-out the runner's stream and sub-window capture their game and/or facecam. If there is no facecam, images will be given to fill in the facecam space.
-Fit the game and/or facecam to the appropriate dimensions. Once this is set, let the runner know you are good to go via the FGM chat and/or their stream chat.
-You will start the timer when they begin their game, end the timer when the game has been completed.
-If the game is over estimate, please POLITELY remind the runner that we are going over estimate soon. If the game runs 15-20 minutes over estimate, please mercy kill the run. Lol.
-Just like the runners, have fun!

Info for viewers (and everyone, really)

-Fangame Marathon, once again, will be held on June 5th, starting roughly around 12:00 PM EST until June 7th at roughly 2 AM EST. There may be some setting up prior to this time.
-The marathon will be held at www.twitch.tv/fangamemarathon. Go follow it now!
-As the time nears, we hope that you get excited for 39 hours of non-stop fan games. Please be mindful that there will be roughly 5 minutes between each game to set up games, and 10 minutes between broadcasters every 8 hours.
-To drum up hype, we'll be hash-tagging #FangameMarathon on twitter. Any support is appreciated!
-We ask that viewers are respectful in chat to both the runner and to other viewers. We want our community to shine! There will most likely be "new" viewers that have never watched a fangame before. Please do not berate anyone who asks a "noob" question or comment about fangames. (Example: Omg k3 is hardest fangame l0l0l0l0l XDXDXDXD)
-You can also help advertise the channel on twitch by /host fangamemarathon in your own twitch.tv channel to host it! Hosts are good publicity, as it directs anyone followed to you towards our channel for the marathon.

Other info about the marathon

-Here are example images of the layout we will be using, subject to minor changes: 1 person: https://i.imgur.com/b1hI4dZ.png , 2 person: https://i.imgur.com/WFaGQhj.png , 3 person: https://i.imgur.com/fMDC46f.png , 4 person: https://i.imgur.com/gfMjIFN.png
-We, Fangame Marathon, claim no responsibility for any offensive language and/or graphics that are expressed and/or displayed during any fangame, by any participant, at any time.
-The master schedule can be found here: https://horaro.org/fangamemarathon/schedule
-There will be memes. Lots. of. memes. Bring your Grade-A copypastas! Because of the way twitch has re-designed the way their chat posts messages, ASCII typically does not post well. We ask that you refrain from ASCII art (sorry, toucans).

Regarding "donations"

-We have decided that, to avoid the hassle of donating and finding one that a majority agrees upon, Fangame Marathon is NOT hosting any charity/organization. However, this does not mean that runners cannot participate in fundraising for any cause.
-To runners: If you decide to set up donations for whatever cause, please let me and/or klazen know about this beforehand. You are allowed to accept donations from this marathon at any time. The donation button is to be hosted on your own channel for your own cause. Whether this is for a charity or for raising SGDQ/ESA travel money is up to you. You are allowed to plug for your own donation button during your run and your run only, races included. We are not accepting "advertisements" for a donation when it is not during your run.
-If you choose to go with a donation button, we will be sure to point viewers towards your channel if they wish to donate. We ask that you be polite and respectful of all donation amounts. If you are reading donation comments, please filter any obscene/inappropriate comments from being read.
-If you choose to not go with a donation button, there's no instructions in this entire section that you need to read. I should've typed this first, hue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR

-Runners, be on time and be respectful.
-Broadcasters, I'm preparing all the materials for you ASAP, and will run down further instructions as time nears.
-Viewers, have fun! You represent our community, so please be respectful and accepting of new viewers!
-Individual donations can be made to runners directly from their channel, not from Fangame Marathon's.
-Master schedule here: https://horaro.org/fangamemarathon/schedule
-Tons of memes

Let's make this a great event, I wanna community!
-TJ
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:09:42 PM by tehjman1993 »

pieceofcheese87

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Personal Text
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Tv Channel
Re: FGM Mega Thread [Info, Schedule, Everything]
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »
I'm glad this became an actual thing from just an idea in TJ's chat. The layouts look awesome.
Signature

kadykunde

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 05:23:08 PM »
hype :azoCheer:

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • your a kid now your a squid now
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 06:09:15 PM »
I'm glad this became an actual thing from just an idea in TJ's chat. The layouts look awesome.

Hey, that's how Rekt became a thing too :Kappa:

Wolsk

• The Kid
  • Wolsky McKitty :3
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 42.0.2311.111 Chrome 42.0.2311.111
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 02:43:21 PM »
yaaaaaaaaaaaay
meow :3

Why are you complaining about being a meme? this is a positive thing

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 11:37:11 PM »
Just to publicly post updates, to keep everything transparent:

-Tweaked spelling/wording on runner instructions
-Denferok removed from broadcaster list
-Wolsk may be added very soon to broadcaster list, will confirm a schedule
-Maxinator may be a last-minute addition to marathon, pending reply

Edit:

-Just to clarify, commentating during races will be one runner at a time, randomly selected. One stream out of 2,3,4,etc. will be unmuted for a short while to talk about the race, as well as the broadcaster talking about the race.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:10:19 AM by tehjman1993 »

geogeo222

• Global Moderator
  • Wannabe
  • Hello o/
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 42.0.2311.135 Chrome 42.0.2311.135
    • View Profile
    • My twitch stream
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 07:50:31 AM »
The overlays look really clean! Nice job on those.

Would it be possible for me to jump in the Uhuhu 2+3 race? I know everyone like last minute changes, so I figured I should wait as long as possible to ask. :Kappa:

I think this event is gonna turn out to be a really great thing for everyone involved. I was wondering, have any twitch staff been contacted about possibly getting the marathon some front page exposure? Getting that might be a stretch, but it would be b0ss to get that exposure.

Also, I need to thank TJ for being super generous and donating his IWBTG time slot to me. Seriously, what a guy! :wixZaldo: 7
Hey TJ! Turn it up :Kappa:

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 10:05:48 AM »
The overlays look really clean! Nice job on those.

Would it be possible for me to jump in the Uhuhu 2+3 race? I know everyone like last minute changes, so I figured I should wait as long as possible to ask. :Kappa:

I think this event is gonna turn out to be a really great thing for everyone involved. I was wondering, have any twitch staff been contacted about possibly getting the marathon some front page exposure? Getting that might be a stretch, but it would be b0ss to get that exposure.

Also, I need to thank TJ for being super generous and donating his IWBTG time slot to me. Seriously, what a guy! :wixZaldo: 7

You have been added to the Uhuhu 2+3 Race. Best of luck!

Although I'm not exactly sure about Twitch staff, some "big names" on Twitch have been contacted by a few members of our community and are willing to show support for FGM when the time comes.

And you're welcome!

kadykunde

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 10:40:19 PM »
can I join the venus race? I can do pretty well, have been playing the game quiet a bit latelly EDIT: im not sure how well my internet holds up streaming, will do some test streams soon then.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:54:42 PM by kadykunde »

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 12:17:47 AM »
can I join the venus race? I can do pretty well, have been playing the game quiet a bit latelly EDIT: im not sure how well my internet holds up streaming, will do some test streams soon then.

You have been added to the Venus Race. If you feel that your internet cannot handle the stream leading up to June 5th, please let us know.

Good luck!

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.65 Chrome 43.0.2357.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 06:10:59 PM »
Double post b/c visibility

Use the updated schedule link to find the schedule in YOUR OWN local timezone!

https://horaro.org/fangamemarathon/schedule

This will automatically convert times to your timezone, and will use this site as our scheduler instead of google's spreadsheets. It loads faster on mobile, highlights current run, and links back to our marathon. Spread the link! #fangamemarathon

OhNoezEinPandy

• Sectional Moderator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.78 Chrome 43.0.2357.78
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »
Get HYPED. FGM is starting soon :FrankerZ:

Skulldude899